1. Add the words genealogy to ancestors searches. Try adding locations as well.
2. Use quotation marks to search for an exact phrase “Aaron James Underwood”
3. Use an * asterik to search inside quotation marks to specify unknown words “Aaron * Underwood”
4. Use OR to search for multiple names such as Aaron Underwood OR Underwood Aaron
5. Use the minus sign – to eliminate words such as “Thomas Frost”-weather
6. Search for words on specific websites such as the local library or historical society ex “Benjamin Franklin Hall” siteBuffaloPhilharmonic
7. Browse Google News Archives going back to the 1880s at news.google.com/newspapers.
8. Google Images – enter family names, places, occupations, anything to bring up images. It changes every week or so and has amazing family history photos.
9. See if your ancestors applied for a patent. patents.google.com
10. Search Google books at books.google.com for a person or place to find family history books and citiy directories. You will be amazed and what you can find.
Have fun with this and please comment what you find.